May 7, 2009

Poetic

"Everything around us,dead or alive, in the eyes of a crazy photographer mysteriously takes on many variations, so that seemingly dead object comes to life through light or by its surrounding. And if the photographer has a bit of sense in his head maybe he is able to capture some of this, and I suppose that's lyricism"_Joseph Sudek .

One day I'll be able to be as clear and lyrical in wording about photography as Mister Sudek's writing. In the meantime, I'll keep seeing the way I do and feeling a photograph and what it represents the way I do. Sometimes lyrical.

AllRightsReserved Copyright 2005-2009 Stephane Themeze Photographer

2 comments:

Ilan said...

Very macabre in a way.
Strong image, death is a part of life.
Nicely done

Stephane said...

The idea of death has something macabre in itself.Death takes on many faces also.The common feeling is that it is violent.Here I just acknowledged its presence in my yard.The day was beautiful,so was the light and there was something dramatically sweet in the position of the paws.It moved me and I tried to record that in a somewhat gentle way.Made a couple of shots to finally end the session with that one.