May 1, 2009

Blending in

I never could choose a main direction in photography. As the photographic film is sensitive when exposed in any given environment I too have been sensitive to the different environments I've been in contact with. The blend ,in time and spaces visited, is too enormous to manage. I enjoy and welcome the generous ability to photograph in any situation and environment, now that it came only to be that: a know how. It is an anchor that strengthens and stretches my being, but at the same time I'd sure like to stick to only one genre. I think the practice of color photography yielded too many possibilities that I'm driven to grasp every time(and I did). So eclectic my photography became I am more and more confused. But when I stick to one thing sometime, the feeling of repeating bores me. I'd like to dominate that impervious drive.I really do. The only way I found so far is to leave the camera at home and record with the eye only. And I do feel serene when so.

AllRightsReserved Copyright 2005-2009 Stephane Themeze Photographer

No comments: